Monday, December 14, 2009

1 Month!!!


I couldn't do a post without a picture! Baylor at 4 weeks!

Yesterday Baylor was officially 1 month old. A month ago yesterday our lives changed. I gave birth to the most beautiful, cutest, sweetest, and most precious little boy I had ever seen. I can't explain the love we have for him. All that I know is that it was an instant love and one that will never change.

Today we took Bay to his 1 month appt with Dr. M. He weighed in at 7lb 13 oz. He is up 1lb from his birth weight and is in the 7th percentile for weight which is obviously a little low. He was 21 1/2in long. Up from 20in at birth and in the 50th percentile for height which is average. The last stat is his head it was 14 3/4 which is in the 30th percentile. Other than stats today Dr. M just looked over Baylor really good and answered any questions we had. We take him in a month for his 2 month appt and for his first vaccines. Yikes!


Now for a little bit of what Baylor is up to at a month old:

-I'm eating 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours. (I have been known to go 5 hours every now and then)
-I'm sleeping anywhere from 3-5 hours at a time.
-I only cry when I'm hungry, wet, or dirty.
-Mommy and Daddy are still surprised at how content I am most of the time. I'm not a big crier.
-Speaking of crying. My cry is still so soft. Which Mommy and Daddy like!
-I sleep in mommy and daddy's room still. I've been having a little reflux so I'm not liking my pac-n-play like I use to. My swing is my favorite place to sleep.
-Mommy and Daddy started adding rice cereal to my bottles last week to try and help keep my milk down.
-I can get pretty gassy at times which makes me ball up and grunt, but I don't get to fussy over it.
-I love when Mommy and Daddy rub my forehead it usually puts me right to sleep.
-Speaking of sleep- my favorite nap place is in Mommy and Daddy's bed during the day. Of course only while Mommy is awake. :)
-Some of my favorite times are when I'm listening to my Praise Baby Christmas CD or Mommy and Daddy are reading a Daily Devotional with/to me. I look so content during these 2 things.
-I also like my bouncy most of the time.
-I really like laying in the floor in my nursery and just looking around.
-I've started tummy time and I'm not to sure about it yet.
-A lot of times after I eat I smack my lips. Mommy and Daddy think it's so cute and funny!

That's about it for now. I'm growing and changing so much everyday. Stay tuned to see what I'm up to next!

No comments: