Monday, September 1, 2008

Embyro Transfer!


We arrived at ART this morning nervously awaiting the news on your little embryo's. I took a valium on the way there and had to drink lots of water to have a full bladder. This was not comfortable at all! Then it was time. They called us back and had both of us change into our gowns and other attire. There was one couple ahead of us. We only had to wait for like 10 minutes back there. During this time we had to sign more consents. Then it was our time. We went in Dr. Honea brought over a picture of our one little embyro that made it. The other 2 had stopped growing. There was no time to be upset I knew I could not stress my body out and my uterus. Plus we are so blessed to have come this far with only having 3 mature eggs. We also got a cute little snuggle bear because they care from ART. It is for our baby, but if we don't get one this time. It's for us. I'm already attached to it.


She explained to us that our embryo was a 7 cell morula. It was just a little behind a blastocyst. A blastocyst is what stage they want them to be at on day 5. Still people who have perfect embies don't get pregnant and people with not so perfect can still get pregnant.


The embroyologist brought in our little embie, the nurse was doing an ultrasound on my abdomen and my Dr. put in a catheter up to my uterus and that is how the embryo gets transferred. Jonathan could see it on the ultrasound machine. I did not look. I kept my eyes closed trying to think peaceful thoughts like Dr. Honea recommended. When she was done she prayed over us with the nurse that was in the Operating room with us. I can't tell you how much that meant to us.


Now it's the hardest wait yet. I will continue taking my progesterone injections and cream until we find out if we are pregnant or not. If not we already have a follow up appointment set up with Dr. Houserman.


It's is completely out of our hands and we could not have asked for anything more than to get to this point with unexpected egg count. I will be in bed for the rest of the week trying to get some rest. Please continue to lift us up in Prayer right now. It only takes one and it has happened for several couples.


I will be back soon. Now it's time to get back in bed. Night!


No comments: