Saturday, August 15, 2009

24 Weeks!!!

This week your baby is almost at the 1-foot mark. Average weight: about 1-1/4 pounds. It's a time of "more of the same." The brain continues to develop. (That organ in particular will be only partially "online" at birth, and requires the first 3 years of life to wire up, in terms of how sight, sound, and other stimuli are fully processed.) The lungs are branching out and developing cells to make surfactant, which helps the air sacs inflate. His taste buds are also under development now.

Your baby still moves quite a bit, even though the amniotic sac is becoming somewhat of a right fit. The amniotic fluid allows him to move safely and relatively easily.


Q&A from this Mommy-to-Be!

How far along? 24 Weeks!
Total Weight gain? 6 pounds
Maternity Clothes? most of the time. I can still wear some pre-pregnancy clothes,but maternity are SO much more comfortable!
Sleep? very different! I am much more of a morning person now. I don't sleep for long periods either bc I'm running to the restroom 5-10 times a night or I just can't get comfortable from not sleeping on my back.
Best moment this week? Jonathan feeling Baylor kick for the first time.
Food Cravings? not really. Atleast not right now.
Gender? a sweet little boy!!!
Labor Signs? No! I'm praying it stays that way for a few more months.
Belly Button? still on the inside, but it's becoming shallower!
What I miss the most? sleeping on my back.
What am I looking forward to the most? holding our sweet little, Baylor when he gets here. I can't even begin to imagine how that moment will feel! I'm also really excited about our Birthing classes starting a week from Tuesday and our 4D ultrasound coming up soon!
Milestones? being just over 6 months pregnant!

No comments: