Tuesday, August 11, 2009

6th Month OB Appt!

This morning Jonathan and I had our 6th month appt. We got a good report. It wasn't too exciting,but we covered the important things. My Blood Pressure was the first thing. It was 127/72. That is much better than my last appt when it was a little high. Then Baylor's Heart rate was in the 150's and let me tell you, he stuck to his regular routine of being very active at our morning appts. You could hear him moving like crazy while she was trying to get the HB. Then came the "weigh in" I must admit I was very scared about this today and I told the nurse too. She was laughing at me,but I gained 4 pounds which is what I should've gained. A pound a week for the last month. My total weight gain so far is 6 pounds. I would've put money on a lot more because my belly has grown so much lately and I feel so much bigger. Sooner or later I'm going to have a big jump everyone keeps telling me and I might not be talking about my weigh in's anymore:) They also measured the height of my fundus today which was very exciting to see how I measured since we weren't getting an ultrasound. My belly measured 24 weeks and I'm 23 weeks and 3 days so right on track. If you remember all of our ultrasounds show Baylor measuring a little ahead and it looks like my belly is going along with the same measurements. Since I'm not measuring over 2 weeks ahead they will keep my due date the same even though I probably ovulated a little earlier the month we conceived.

One of the next 2 things we discussed was my swelling. My hands and feet have started to swell some already. It's hopefully just due to the extreme heat. He wants me to try and stay inside and cool as much as possible, increase my water intake, and decrease my salt intake. He said swelling can go along with high blood pressure,but my BP was really good today. He also said some people just swell during pregnancy. I really feel it's the heat bc it seems to happen more on the weekends when we are out and about running errands. We also went over my gestational diabetes test which I will do at my next appt in 4 weeks on Sept 8th. They went ahead and gave me my little drink. I heard it taste like High C so I'm hoping it's not that bad and of course PRAYING that I pass the test. I'm a little worried since I do have PCOS and stopped my glucophage after my first trimester. I really don't want to worry about have GD's.

That's all we really covered today. I did find out after I go for my 7th month OB appt on Sept 8th it might be my last 4 week appt or I may have 1 more 4 weeks later. After that I will start going every 2 weeks! Then of course the last month we go weekly to check my progress. Time sure is flying by and I can't wait. I imagine the next few months will do the same with us working on the nursery, weekly pregnancy classes, showers, football season, and getting ready for the Holidays. It's going to be such a busy fall,but that's the way I like it.

On another note. I want to ask everyone to please pray for the Gilbreath Family. They were expecting Identical Twin Girls at the end of September,but both little angels have gone to be with our Lord. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to lose a child, let alone two. Please pray for comfort, strength, peace, and understanding for both Ashley and Barrett as well as both of their families in the days ahead.

1 comment:

Courtney Cloud said...

One of my friends that used to live in Auburn told us about this family. My heart breaks for them tonight. Please let them know that I am praying for them. If they need to talk to someone please give them my contact info - courtney.cloud@gmail.com