Saturday, April 11, 2009

6 Weeks!


This week the baby is hardly 1/4 inch long-picture a dried pea in the shape of a curled tadpole. Arms and legs are becoming larger and they now grow hand and feet buds, with tiny, webbed fingers and toes. The baby's jaw, tongue, nose, and lungs also begin to form. Muscle fibers are starting to grow, and the baby's intestines and brain continue to develop.

It's possible to actually hear the baby's heartbeat(going much faster than our own -about 100-130 beats per minute) with a vaginal ultrasound. It's working hard to circulate blood to support all this rapid growth.




I am 6 weeks today and I woke up this morning feeling like it. I have had pregnancy symptoms here and there, but today they were a lot stronger. The symptoms I am having so far are : lots of bloating, nausea (tmi-actually only vomited twice), moodiness today, again tmi- my breasts are fuller, food aversions, headaches, nose bleeds, and major fatigue. I think that's about it. I never have all them at once. They just seem to come and go. As bad as some of them sound, I'm so happy to be experiencing them.

Jonathan and I go back to ART on Monday at 9:15 for an ultrasound and blood work. I will have more pictures of Baby Cox to post.


I wanted to give a quick update on my dad. He came home from the hospital on Thursday. He is so much happier there. He has been feeling pretty good. I think his pain is controlled a lot better than it has been at any other point. Please continue to pray for him.

I also wanted to ask that you say a little prayer for our family too. Tomorrow April 12, is the anniversary of my sister, Ashley's death. It is always a hard time for our family and I imagine with all of this going on it might be a little more emotional. We miss her so much, but know that she is in a much better place than the rest of us.

I hope everyone has a Happy Easter and gets to enjoy time with their families tomorrow. I can't even imagine how next Easter will be for us with Baby C!

No comments: