Sunday, April 19, 2009

7 Weeks


6 Weeks and 4 days
I was 7 weeks yesterday. Next week I will already be 2 months. Time is flying by. This week our embryo reaches the size of a small berry, about half an inch. The head is clearly over sized and the skin very thin. He/She can already move in the amniotic sac. Fingers and toes are separating, and elbows are now visible. Vital organs are developing, as well as fine details: teeth, eyelids, nipples, and hair follicles. The liver is now producing red blood cells, and blood vessels in the umbilical cord represent our baby's lifeline-carrying oxygen and nutrients between the two of us.
I went back for a follow up this past Wednesday. I shared our u/s picture from Easter morning, but I thought you might like to see how much of a change there was just a few day in between. Please excuse the quality of the picture.
I would like to leave you with this link to the Hymn The Old Rugged Cross. This is a song my dad sang growing up in church. He sang this at a Church Member's Funeral and the Choir teacher said she had never heard it sung so beautiful. We thought it was only right to have someone sing it at his funeral.

No comments: