Monday, April 6, 2009

Our First Ultrasound!


Attempt at taking a picture of a picture!


Week 5 Ultrasound picture


Jonathan and I with the first picture of our Baby!
(Please excuse how ruff I look, it's been a hard day)



Riley holding a picture of his cousin!


Today Jonathan and I had our first ultrasound! We ended up having our appointment in Birmingham because the Practitioner in the Montgomery office had a death in her family. We went up there Sunday afternoon and stayed with Jonathan's parents. We had dinner at my favorite place the Cheesecake Factory last night and it was great as always.

This morning we had to be at the office at 9:30. I had blood work, a urinalysis, and an ultrasound. My blood work came back good. My HCG level jumped from 780.6 to 11,629.3 . My progesterone did drop a little. It went from 33.6 to 29.8. It was not a big decrease so they are not concerned. They did not increase or change my progesterone around so I feel OK about it. After getting my blood drawn it was time for the ultrasound. I was so nervous about it, but everything looked great and is developing at the rate that it should. I'm going to post some pictures. I know there is not a lot to see. At this point I should just have a sac and a yolk sac and I do. Next week they said we should see a big change. We should see the heart flickering too. We go back for another u/s and b/w next Monday morning. Please continue to pray for me and Baby C!

Jonathan and I returned back to Montgomery to some devastating news. My dad is being discharged from the hospital sometime this week on Hospice. There is nothing else the doctor's think they can do for my dad. He is not healthy enough to undergo cancer treatments. He is fighting infections, now a irregular heartbeat, and poor nutrition. This is something you never want to hear about a family member. It brings back so many emotions from the loss of my sister. At this time our main goal and Hospice's main goal is to keep him comfortable in the time he has left. Please Please Please pray for strength, peace, and understanding for my dad and our entire family at this unbearable time in our lives. There is no way we can get through this without prayers and God's strength.

I will try to keep everyone updated on as much as I can this week.

We just tried scanning the u/s pictures and our scanner is not wanting to work so we had to take pictures of the u/s pictures themselves. That is why the quality is so bad.

No comments: