Monday, April 13, 2009

A Scare!

Riley and Grayden's Easter Basket from Granna and Grandpa!

Grayden playing in the grass!

Grayden wants to eat EVERYTHING!

The Boys looking at their Easter Basket from Granna and Grandpa!

Jonathan and I with our Favorite 2 Little Boys!

Riley and the Easter Bunny!

Grayden and the Easter Bunny!

Riley and Grayden with the Easter Bunny!

Riley and LuLu before going to see the Easter Bunny!

Baby Cox at 6 weeks!

On Saturday night I fell asleep around 7:30 which is normal for me now. I woke around 10:30 p.m. and noticed I was spotting. I was terrified! I called ART and it connected me to Brookwood Hospital where they paged a nurse for me. She called me back and I explained to her what was going on. She offered for me to come up to Birmingham first thing Sunday morning for an ultrasound and blood work. That was my only option besides going to the ER here or waiting til Monday for my appt. There is no way I could wait that long and I really didn't feel confident enough in the ER here for what I needed to be seen for so we decided to head up to B'ham that morning. Of course I did not go back to sleep the whole night. We left Montgomery at 5 a.m. and got to Brookwood right before 7:00. They took me back right when we got there. We had our ultrasound and right away we saw the Heartbeat! I can't explain the feeling that came over me as soon as I saw it flickering away. Not only after everything we have been through the past 2 years, the night before, and for us to see it on Easter morning. What a wonderful way to remember this very special day. I also had some blood work ran. They called me around lunch to let me know that my progesterone had dropped some more. It went from 29.8 to 22 since the Monday before. We are pretty sure that is what caused my spotting since the ultrasound looked perfect. I am now off of my other progesterone support and now on progesterone injections in my muscle daily. We go back to the ART on Wednesday for another ultrasound and more blood work. We are excited we get to see our little miracle twice in one week. We are praying that Baby Cox looks great and my progesterone levels have gone back up.
We did get to see Jonathan's parent's, Tracey and Emma on Sunday. I wish I could have stayed up longer to visit, but I was going off of no sleep from the night before. We did get to see Emma open her gifts from the Easter bunny. I wish we took some pictures to post of how big she has gotten. Hopefully we will get to see them sometime soon.
Now for a update on my dad. He had a rough night Saturday and all day Sunday. He is starting to hallucinate again, he stays up pretty much all night talking to himself, to other people who aren't there, and to my mom about things she doesn't understand. We were thinking it was the morphine, but his hospice nurse came out today and said it caused by the stage of his disease. They put him on a sedative to take. He needs rest and even begged my mom to help him sleep in the middle of everything Saturday night. Please pray that his new meds can help him relax so he can get the rest that he needs. Please also pray that my mom can get some rest. She is unable to sleep when he is up all night. For the most part I think his pain is still being controlled as good as it can be and we are all very Thankful for that.
One last thing today is Chloe's Birthday! She is 8 years old. I can't believe it time has flown by.

No comments: