Saturday, June 6, 2009

14 Weeks!



It's 4 a.m. and I can't sleep and have to be at work at 8:00. I've been pretty sick off and on this past week and I think my body has my days and nights mixed up. The good thing is I've not been sick tonight or this morning so far! I just can't relax enough to fall asleep. I just started a load of clothes and thought now might be a good time to update our blog.

I'm 14 weeks and my baby journal says that the baby's head is looking more and more proportional, mostly because the rest of the body is growing more rapidly now. This week, the baby is about 3-1/2 inches long, and weighs around 1-1/2 ounces. A fuzzy layer of fine hair, called lanugo, is beginning to coat the entire body. Internally, the liver is starting to secrete bile, and the spleen is helping produce red blood cells. The brain continues to mature, the baby can make different facial expressions and may even react when someone gives my belly a poke.

I'm noticing that my "baby bump" might be getting a little bigger. I still have not gained any weight. Which I'm not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. To date I think I'm down 13 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. At my doctor's appt on Monday, I'm going to talk to Dr. Dupre about my weight and the nausea/vomiting I'm still having. I don't really think there is anything that can be done, but I'm just worried because I barely eat and I don't want to get dehydrated. I know this will all change before I know it. Jonathan and I still hoping to get an ultrasound Monday, but I'm not sure if it will happen or not. I will update my blog Monday night on how our visit goes.

This weekend it's gonna be a lot of work and probably no play. I'm working today and Jonathan is doing a side job and will be working all day today. He is hoping they can finish it all in one day instead of having to work Sunday too. We will probably head to my mom's sometime on Sunday for him to finish up painting around there. It's a good thing we only have one more week of work then we are heading down to Destin the following Monday with Jonathan's parents, sister, and our niece Emma. My mom was going to come with us, but I think she might stay here instead. I wish she would come. I think it would be great for her to get away for a while.

One last thing, I wanted to ask everyone to pray for my sister-in-law Meribeth's and her family right now. Her grandmother passed away Thursday evening. She had been in a Montgomery Hospital for over 30 days and just continued to develop more problems. All of her family besides her son, whose flight did not make it in time were there with her when she passed. She did have a chance to talk to him on the phone just shortly before passing away. Please pray that the Lord gives them strength and comfort right now as they are grieving. This is the 3rd family member between my family, Jonathan's, and my sister-in-laws that has gone to be with our Lord in less than 2 weeks.

Hopefully, I will have some exciting things coming up in the next couple of weeks to blog about; doctor's appts (possible gender determination) , Grayden's 1st Birthday Party next Saturday, and our beach trip. Stay tuned...

No comments: