Saturday, June 27, 2009

17 Weeks!!!


This week Baylor is about 4-3/4 inches long and weighs about 4-1/2 ounces. Now that the body parts are in place, his body is starting to "fill out" as he develops fat tissue. Bones continue to harden slowly, and joints are becoming more functional.

Now that the ears are positioned appropriately on the sides of the head, his hearing develops. Also starting now, his umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger (eventually it will be so tough, it'll take real effort to cut the cord after birth).

I'm 17 weeks and Jonathan and I can really start to see a difference in my "baby bump." My nausea is still getting better by the day. The worst thing I've been dealing with for the last 2 weeks is a bladder infection. I just finished my 2nd week of antibiotics and praying it's gone for good. I also caught something from my nephew, Riley last week and this week felt pretty bad. Other than that I guess I feel as normal as I can.

I am going up to Birmingham Monday with my mom. My appt. is at 1:40 at UAB. I will be having a targeted ultrasound which is just a really detailed look at the baby. I will then meet with one of their doctor's. Please say a little prayer for us that Baylor is a healthy little boy. I will update that evening if I'm not to tired.

I'm about to go try and cool off. It is WAY to hot these days....

3 comments:

Courtney Cloud said...

Congratulations on the baby!
I was wondering where you find those cute pictures of what size the baby is every week?

Jessica said...

Thanks Courtney! I get them from the nest.com under their baby section.

I've been following your blog. I'm praying for you daily!

Erika said...

Praying Baylor is a healthy baby, and your nerves will be calmed. Good luck on Monday!