Friday, November 20, 2009

Labor and Delivery!!!

Last Bump pictures!

36 weeks, 6 days!

Quick stop on the way to the hospital!

Our Beautiful Miracle!

Daddy holding Baylor for the first time!

Our Precious son!


Mommy and Baylor (1 day old)

Baylor 1 day old!

Holding Baylor after they brought him to me after his first bath!

Pretty in Blue!

Baylor with his cousins! (Riley, Grayden, and Emma)

Sweet Boy!

Not to sure about the boppy

Family of 3!

Daddy says Roll Tide!
Mommy says War Eagle!!!
Mommy and Baylor! (2 days old)
He is such a good baby!
Ready to go home!
Our Angel!
Family of 3!

We're home!

I know I'm a little late posting, but things have been a little crazy around here. I have so much to feel you in on.
Last Thursday afternoon Jonathan and I headed to the hospital to be admitted at 3:00 to start the induction process. Shortly after getting settled into bed I got my IV and my first dose of meds to soften my cervix. The rest of the night we just hung out watched tv and had some visitors. During the night I was given 2 more doses of meds to soften my cervix. I got permission the night before to take a shower before we actually started the pitocin that morning at 4:30 so I got up at 3:00, showered and got ready for the big day. At 4:30 the pitocin was started and I was 1.5cm dilated. I got my epidural shortly after around 6:00 and was 3 cm dilated. At that point things started to fly by. I went from 3cm at 7:00 to 6cm in a hour and a half at 8:30. I started to feel pressure in my bottom so I called the nurse they checked me around 10 and I was 9cm. To say I was shocked is a huge understatement. I think everyone was. Dr. Dupre wasn't expecting me to go til the afternoon close to 4:00. Shortly after I was told I was 9cm. The nurses went ahead and started bringing in all the equipment and started warming the baby bed. I did a few practice pushes. The nurse called Dr. Dupre to let him now I was getting close. Then it was time to start the real pushing with the nurse. As soon as I pushed him down to the point where he would stay and not go back up after each contraction they called the Dr. D and he was there in a few minutes. I pushed through less than 10 contractions with him there and at the end he used the vacuum to get him the rest of the way out. Seeing him for the first time was AMAZING. It's true when they say you feel an instant love. That is exactly what I felt.

Baylor weighed 6lbs 13oz and was 20in long and is the prettiest baby I've ever layed my eyes on!

1 comment:

Erika said...

So thrilled for you!!!!! Congratulations!!! He's beautiful. I can't wait to watch him grow!