Sunday, August 28, 2011

Quick Update!

Just wanted to update everyone from my last post. I went back to the doctor last Tuesday because I had been in more discomfort and just wanted to see what was going on with my cyst. My ultrasound showed that it had grown from 5cm on the following Friday to 7cm. I was prescribed some pain meds and told what to do if I experienced a great amount of pain. After the appointment I went to work and felt fine. Well after picking up Bay that afternoon and getting home all of that changed very quickly. Won't bore you with tons of details, but my cyst ruptured and I was on the ground in pain, tears, and fear. I got in touch with Jonathan called my doctor in Birmingham (it was after hours) and waited to hear back as to what I needed to do. The on- call nurse advised me to go to the ER since I was already in tremendous pain. As we arrived at the hospital my doctor called and told me that the ER really wouldn't be able to to do anything besides an evaluation and give me a pain shot so after discussing everything with her I went home and finally after 3 pain pills I was finally getting relief.

The following day I went back for an ultrasound to see exactly what happened the night before and that is when it was confirmed that my cyst had ruptured. It was back down to 5cm so it still had more "leaking" to do. I was told to continue my meds and stay off my feet as much as possible. I'm feeling so much better. It was very scary when it happened so fast. The worst part was that I was home alone with Baylor when it happened so I was trying not to upset him,but I know I had him worried. He walked up to me while I was on my knees leaning over the couch crying and he wiped my face with his lovie a few times. It was the absolute sweetest thing. He took such good care of me until Jonathan got home.

That same I was in for the ultrasound I had a video conference with my doctor. We discussed mainly the cyst. One thing she did say is that these type of cyst are very common in women with early aging ovaries- yep there goes that lovely term again. It took everything I had not to break down during the rest of appointment, but I made it. If not pregnant this cycle I will not take meds the next cycle. My ovary needs to get back down to it's "normal" size. I was reminded that rebound cycles- break cycles after medicated cycles have a higher percentage of pregnancy rates than if no meds were ever taken. We are a true testament to that statistic- Baylor was conceived on a rebound cycle. I also will be having another HSG ( dye test to check tubes) if not pregnant this cycle to make sure my tubes are open. If next cycle is also unsuccessful we will go back to clomid,but I will begin it a day earlier. So that's "our" plan for now. We know that God has his own plans and we can't wait to see what he has in store for us. We are very blessed with a faithful God who has been with us every step of the way. Guiding us along the path he wants us to take. To God be the Glory-always!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Specifically that my ovary returns to it's healthy size, strength, and guidance.

I'm off the whole week with Baylor this week so hopefully I will do a better job at blogging or at least add some pictures of our sweet boy. We're heading down to the beach on Friday morning with my mom to kick off Labor Day weekend and we are all so excited to get back down there for one more summer trip. Oh and of course the kick off to college football. WAR EAGLE!!

No comments: