Saturday, May 9, 2009

10 Weeks! Double Digits!!!


I'm getting ready to end the first day in my 10th week. I'm feeling pretty good. I've had a lot of cramping over the past 4 days which I think has finally stopped. I was really starting to get worried. It could be several things. The first thing is I have some cysts on my left ovary, pain from my ultrasound on Wednesday, or just the fact that the baby is having a growth spurt right now.


My baby journal says this week our baby's body is about 1-1/2 inches long, with the head taking up about half of that.Weight: around 1/4 ounce. The baby's head size and bulging shape reflect how tremendously the brain is growing and maturing. In fact, most of the vital organs have begun to function. Spinal nerves are branching out from the spinal cord. Although I can't feel it yet, given the baby's still-minuscule size, he or she is very active. More big news: by the end of the week our baby is officially known as a fetus.


This week in my journal Jonathan and I are suppose to start discussing name contenders. This is so exciting to me. Of course I've had some in the back of my head for a couple of years now, but I love talking it over and making a "short list".


Tomorrow is Mother's Day and we are planning on cooking out over at my mom's tomorrow for lunch then heading up to Birmingham to have dinner with Jonathan's parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I hope all you Mother's and Mother's-to-Be have a Happy Mother's Day!


Monday is our first OB appt with Dr. Dupre. I will be sure to post that night on all the exciting "things" that happen.

1 comment:

Laney said...

Talk to your OB about writing an Rx for a fetal doppler, like one from Stork Radio or BabyBeat. I had one and it was amazing to hear the heartbeat any time of the day.