Monday, May 11, 2009

Our 1st OB Appt!


Baby Cox! 10 weeks, 2 days!


Baby Cox resting!



Baby Cox raising it's arm!


Baby Cox laying on his/her back. Head is the the right.




Well Jonathan and I are done with our first OB appt. My appt was at 10:30 and we did not get out of there until after 12:30. I guess we need to get use to longer appts. We are use to getting in and out at ART. It's different when you are seeing a doctor who has to make deliveries in between seeing clients. Okay back to the visit. The first thing we did was meet with Dr. Dupre. He went over some of my history (infertility, surgeries, etc...). The first thing I learned today was that I may have to have a C-section. The reason behind this is because my last surgery I had a polyp removed from my uterus. Depending on where on/around the uterus the polyp was removed will be the deciding factor. Removing a polyp/fibroid in certain places can cause risk during a regular delivery because the pushing can cause the scar to rupture causing hemorrhaging which is obviously not safe. Dr. Dupre did not have the report from my surgery, but should by next appt with him so we can farther discuss this. I can't tell you how caught off guard I was when this came up. If we have to do a c-section I know I will be fine, but I must admit part of me was upset about the idea of not experiencing Labor. I know some of y'all think I must be crazy, but I would love to know what a contraction feels like and everything else that goes on during labor and delivery. After discussing the possibility of that we discussed my meds. He is planning on taking me off my glucophage and progesterone at 12 weeks. Only 2 more weeks! I had my progesterone checked today, but won't get the results until tomorrow sometime. I will of course have my progesterone rechecked once I stop it at 12 weeks. I'm still planning on going to ART to have it checked. Dr. Dupre said that was good since he would be out of town then. The best news is that Jonathan and I got to take another peek at Baby Cox! This was my first "real" ultrasound. I won't go into what "real" means for all of you males reading this:) It was different seeing the baby from a different angle. He/She was active again today. Punching it's little arm up at my abdomen whenever she would move the probe. The best part was actually hearing the heartbeat today. It was beating away at 170 beats per minute.


We will return in 2 weeks for another U/S. Then 2 weeks after that which I think is Friday, June 5th. On the 5th we are having a NT scan where they check to see if the baby has any marker's for Down's. We are not planning on doing any other genetic testing. We basically are just doing this one for another U/S. We know no matter the outcome it will not change anything for us so we are not worried about it all. The best part about us doing this scan is that I will 13.6 weeks and they may tell me what the gender is(depending on the tech). This means in less than a month we might now Pink or Blue?!?! We will return the following Tuesday for our 2nd OB appt. I thought things were going to slow down since we aren't at ART anymore, but it doesn't look that way. I must admit I love all these ultrasounds Dr. Dupre is doing for me. He told me he was trying to be nice and we think so!


I hope all you mommies had a Happy Mother's Day. Jonathan bought me a little present. He got me a Boppy Pregnancy Pillow. I thought it was so thoughtful. I will post a picture next time I blog so those of you that don't know what they are can see. I think it's calling my name right now. Goodnite!

1 comment:

The Cobbs said...

How exciting!!
And...just so you know...I had a c-section & I felt contractions. :) But, I totally understand your feeling of wanting experience birth the other way...I wanted that too.