Tuesday, October 27, 2009

34 Week OB Appointment!

I received a good report today. My blood pressure was better. My height of fundus (top of my uterus to the top) measured 33 1/2 today. Not to far off since I'm 34 1/2 weeks. Once you drop I think the height starts to decrease and when you have a different person measuring you the measurements can differ a little. I gained 1 pound since last week. They hooked me up to the monitors to listen to Baylor and see if I was having any contractions. I had a couple contractions and Baylor looked great! The blood in my urine is finally gone. He did check me because last night I had rough night with contractions which led to an upset stomach. I have not dilated, but he said I may have thinned out some. I'm going to increase my brethane to try and get the contractions to decrease more, especially on days like yesterday. I also had to do my Group B Strep test. I should get the results of that next week. If it is positive I will just have to do a round of antibiotics before delivery either IV or oral I'm not sure. That's about it besides some questions we had for him. He did say to the two of us, "I did tell y'all that pregnancy is 40 weeks not 34, right?!" We head back next Tuesday for my 35 week appt. Then the following week (36 weeks) is when the weekly appts were suppose to begin so we are getting near the end.

So November starts in 4 short days. Eek! That means Baylor will be here SO soon. I'm guessing anytime after the 15th. Term is considered 37 weeks. I will be 37 weeks on November 13th or 14th. Still 37 weeks is early for a little boys, but if he wants/has to come early I would feel more comfortable after that point. Fingers crossed anytime before that he would probably need some assistance from the NICU and we don't want that if we can prevent it! Who knows he might start to behave now and give his mommy a break and take his time. I guess we'll just wait and see!

No comments: