Friday, October 30, 2009

35 Weeks!!!

Physical development is now almost done, but the "finishing touches"- most important, filling out with protective baby fat-are still underway. This week the average baby is about 18 inches long and weighs around 5-1/4 lb pounds.

The liver is starting to function, processing waste. Your baby's liver needs to get ready to break down bilirubin, a byproduct of red blood cells. (If it can't do this effectively by the time your baby is born, bilirubin may accumulate in the blood and cause jaundice.) The kidneys are also well developed now. Now your baby may be feeling some of your Braxton-Hicks contractions, even if you haven't noticed them yet.

This week I haven't felt that great. I've had a lot of contractions which is causing an irritated stomach. I am also fighting a cold/ sinus infection which brought along a 2 day headache. Finally, today I started feeling better! Today I feel like Baylor is putting more pressure down low. My swelling comes and goes. If I'm up moving around it happens in my face, hands, and feet, but it seems to all go away once I'm settled in bed. I think that's about it.

I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween today!

No comments: