Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mommy's 6 Week Appt!


Dr. D had a cold so he couldn't hold Baylor, but we still took a picture!
I had my 6 week post partum check up today with Dr. D. Daddy didn't go to this appointment. It was weird not having him there. He went to EVERY OB appt I had throughout my pregnancy! Today we just did the annual stuff and discussed my glucophage which I take for my PCOS and Birth Control/future children. I'm gonna start my glucophage back as soon as I stop breastfeeding. The combination of BFing and glucophage could make my sugar levels drop to low so he would like me to wait to start it. I got a script for the mini pill. Again this was given since I am BFing still. When I stop BFing he said I could go on the pill or just not take anything and "be careful." After going through fertility treatments you learn SO much about your body and how it works so being careful doesn't seem like it would be that hard. He did say ovulation can change after pregnancy so just know things might happen at different times of the month now. He did not think the shot, IUD, or any other type of BC would be good for us since those can delay conception after use. I honestly would never use any of those methods anyways, so that is good! We can't wait to welcome another Baby Cox into the world. Me probably sooner than Jonathan, HA, but for now we do want to enjoy spoiling Baylor being the only child and soak up every minute with just him!

One of the sweet women who works for Dr. D asked me if I was still having issues with the whole childcare thing. I guess that means my mom has mentioned it to some of the ladies at work. She was giggling about it and Dr. D wanted to know what was going on. I told him I'm having issues with the thought of leaving Baylor and going back to work and that I still haven't left him. He came up with an invention for me to watch Baylor from my phone all day long, HA! I told him I didn't think that would help my separation issues. He is so funny! I did ask him if what I'm feeling is normal and he reassured me it is. He shared with me how hard it was for him to take his son when he was a baby and drop him off everyday. It's always so good to visit with everyone up there. I'm so blessed to have an AMAZING OB who took such good care of me and Baylor throughout my entire pregnancy. He said today they are going to miss seeing me (they did see me A LOT!), but I can come visit anytime since I have friends and family there. Dr. D I'll be taking you up on that soon!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Congrats on your sweet little man. He is perfect! I was just blogging and decided to look around :) I have a little boy as well. God Bless and Happy New Year !