Sunday, July 26, 2009

21 Weeks!


At 21 weeks our sweet baby is about 10 inches long and weighs around 10-1/2 ounces. The digestive system is maturing; while swallowing amniotic fluid our baby absorbs some water and nutrients from it.
Our boy is getting plenty of exercise inside of me and my journal says I might wonder if our baby is a night owl based on its "schedule." The truth is all of my movement throughout the day likely rocks him to sleep, so when I go to bed, he's raring to go!
At 21 weeks I'm pretty good. I have stared nesting a lot in the past week. Baylor has been moving a lot today. I think I feel him moving around more. He seems a little higher. Most of his kicks in the past have been in my lower abdomen,but lately they seem to be right around my belly button. My hips have started aching some too. I guess I better prepare for a lot more of that happening over the next 4 months.
Jonathan and I are heading up to Birmigham around lunch tomorrow for our appt. at UAB. This appt shouldn't last as long as my last one bc I'm pretty sure all we are doing is another targeted ultrasound. Doctor's actually perform the scan so we don't have to wait to see them after, which is nice. I will post an update on how Baylor is doing and how much he has grown. I'm hoping to get a few more good pictures of him to post.
I hope everyone has a great week! I can't believe it's the last week of July!!!

No comments: