Sunday, September 6, 2009

27 Weeks!!! 3rd Trimester!!!

Yesterday I started the 3rd Trimester! Everyone keeps telling me the 3rd will go by faster than the 2nd. If so, it going to fly because the 2nd seemed liked it flew by for me for the most part.

Baby Journal Update:
This week your baby is now about 14 inches and weighs around 2 pounds, and is beginning to open and close his eyes around this time. The retina, which receives light information, is starting to function, and the the brain is maturing and able to interpret this information. A baby can not only recognize light shinning through your belly, but also turns his eyes toward it.

Your baby has probably adopted a consistent sleep-wake cycle, which may be the reverse of your own. (Your movements by day lull your baby to sleep. Many parents must teach their newborns the difference between night and day partly because of this.)

My next appt is a week from this Tuesday, Sept 15th. I have my glucose test, 4D ultrasound, and and 7th month OB appt. After that appt we will be going every 2 weeks until we start our weekly appts about a month out from Baylor's arrival.

No comments: