Friday, September 18, 2009

Failed :(

Yep I failed my 1 hour glucose test. Dr. D's office called me on Wednesday morning to let me know. They like for your number to be under 140 and mine was 158. Now I am scheduled for the 3hr glucose test next Thursday morning at 7:30. This will let us know for sure if I do have Gestational Diabetes. My doctor's office did tell me that just by failing the 1 hr does not mean I will fail the 3 hr test, which makes me feel a little better. I must say it makes me feel bad,but I keep reminding myself I was already at a higher risk because of my PCOS. I stopped taking my glucophage at 13 weeks pregnant. If I do fail the 3 hr it won't be the end of the road and I'm happy to say that don't put patients on insulin unless the diet is not working for them. Sometimes patients sugar levels don't change on the diet and sometimes patients lose a lot of weight fast and they will have to put them on insulin. At least I only have 2 months left til Baylor arrives so either way diet or insulin if I need either I can handle for that short amount of time.

I will be sure and keep you all posted on how the test comes out next Thursday.

On another note. I'm getting over a nasty stomach bug. I'm started to feel a lot better today. I'm still a little weak, but it's getting better. I've just heard of 2 other people I know that have had it and my doctor's office said they have had other patients with it. I hope none of you get it.

Now I'm ready for an exciting weekend. I'm having my first shower on Sunday afternoon! It is being given by some sweet friends from work. I will be sure and take lots of pictures to share!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I also failed my 1hr. test., but I passed the 3hr! So, I'll be praying you pass as well! I got sick at the office the first time trying to take the 3hr b/c you can't eat anything beforehand which didn't sit well with being prego, driving ,and then drinking sugary sweet stuff. I had to reschedule and come back another day to retake the test. My Dr. told me to take one of the pills I had been taking in the firrst trimester to keep me from getting sick- and that worked! Just thought I'd offer my little bit of advice that I learned through my own experience! :)