Sunday, September 13, 2009

28 Weeks!!! 7 Months!!!

During the second trimester the growth rate of an individual fetus begins to vary somewhat based on genetics and other factors. By this week, the average baby measures a little over 14 inches and weighs around 2 pounds. He continues to look fuller as fat tissue is added. The skin still thin and a shiny pink, but begins to appear more opaque.

One thing you might notice more ofter now: hiccups. They feel like repetitive blips, and happen more often now as your baby's respiratory system continues to develop.

Now my 28 week update... I am feeling more fatigued this weekend,but I have been home resting since a little incident last Tuesday evening. I started having heart palpitations late Tuesday night and on Wednesday afternoon they started back up. I spoke to the one of the OB/GYN doctor's and he told me to come in to Labor and Delivery. There they just did a EKG monitored my blood pressure/ HR, and Baylor. Baylor looked GREAT! The dr. I saw that night said if he didn't know I was 27 1/2 weeks pregnant he would've thought I had a 32 week old baby as good as his heart looked on the monitor with everything going on with me. That was very reassuring to hear. My HR and BP both came back down. He said this happens sometimes because of all the extra blood flow through the heart during pregnancy that the heart is not use to pumping. I was sent home a couple hours later and told not to try going back to work til at least Monday.

I seem to be feeling better. My BP has been a little higher than I would like,but not considered bad and I am swelling some in my hands and feet. I go back to Dr. D on Tuesday for our big appt. I have my glucose test, 4D Ultrasound, and 7 month OB appt. Dr. D and I will discuss what happened last week and there is a possibility that I could wear a heart monitor for a few days so if another episode happens they can record it,but I will know more Tuesday.

Jonathan and I can't wait for the 4D ultrasound. I can't wait to see who he looks like, how big he is, and just see him again. If feels like it's been a while. I will be sure and post pictures that evening after our birthing class or Wednesday evening.

No comments: